Thursday, July 29, 2010

7/29

Today was a terrible day, allow me to tell tales of the glorious splendor of the day, because I have that kind of time to kill.

Last night, my truck began giving me crap. It felt like a misfire with the plugs. However I replaced the plugs last year, so that should not be the problem. I took the truck to autozone to run a diagnostics test, ans sure enough it was the misfire. Autozone told me that it may be time to replace the distributor cap and rotor, and that I may as well replace the plug cables while I am at it. So today, bright and early I purchased the parts for my truck and began work on the truck, it was 0800. By 1100 I was done. Sure, maybe it should not have taken that long, but I am also including the travel time.
So, at that time, I decided that functionality and performance of my truck now took priority over the ascetics. Previously I had ordered a part for the truck for the dashboard. All who have seen my truck know that the dash looks like poop... absolutely terrible. I decided not to install the part, and see if I could have the part restocked. long story short, the dealership lost my part, and all the paperwork... They no longer believed that I had paid for it, and they would not give me money back for something I hadn't paid for. So I had to research when I purchased the part. Found that out and took it back to them, I was the refunded the money.

So then my run. I haven't (as before mentioned) been keeping up with the running as of late. And it was something very small that killed my motivation to run (along with not having someone to run with). I went to my gym, but forgot the key, by the time I returned home, I did not want to go run. HOWEVER, today I ran. got 5 in. The first mile was slow, I kept it at about a 12 min/mi, Second mile was a little tougher, I picked up the pace to an 8 min/mi. Third was my peak at 7 min/mi. I was really tired after that, but proud that I actually made a 7 minute mile. The last two miles ended up being pretty tough, and I rounded down the day at a 10 minute pace. I need to do 2 things... One, I need to pick up my pace, so that 7 minute pace is comfortable. Two, I need to extend mileage. Maybe next week, I will make a couple 7 or 8 mile days. Third, I need consistency. Whether or not I have motivation I need to get mileage in.

Keep me persistent BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment